John attended the University of Illinois, where he earned a B.S. in accounting. He later attended St. Louis University School of Law, from which he graduated in the top 5% of his class.
Before joining Korein Tillery in 2010, John practiced law for 15 years in Southern Illinois where he defended civil cases and was engaged in a general civil practice. In the process, he handled hundreds of lawsuits at all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigation through initial pleadings, motion practice, discovery (including hundreds of depositions), settlement negotiations, trials and appeals. He handled cases involving bankruptcy, breach of contract, construction site injuries, consumer fraud, construction and design defects, estate and probate disputes, F.E.L.A., motor vehicle liability, premises and products liability, railroad grade-crossing accidents, real-estate professional liability and real-estate transaction and title disputes. He served on and chaired arbitration panels as an arbitrator for the St. Clair County, Illinois mandatory arbitration program.
John is licensed to practice in Illinois and Missouri and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, and a past member of the ISBA’s Real Estate Law Section Council, General Practice Section Council, and Standing Committee on Legal Technology.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Securities Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam
- Environmental Law
- Unfair Competition
- Consumer Protection
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. cum laude – 1991
- Honors: Order of the Woolsack
- University of Illinois
- B.S. – 1985
- Major: Accountancy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- ISBA’s Real Estate Law Section Council, Past Member
- General Practice Section Council, Past Member
- Standing Committee on Legal Technology, Past Member
- Chaired Arbitration Panels as an Arbitrator for St. Clair County’s Mandatory Arbitration Program